[dpdk-dev] Achieve maximum transmit rate

sabu kurian sabu2kurian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:22:34 CET 2014

Hello Friends,

What should be done to achieve maximum packet transfer rate using Intel
DPDK...? What are the things I should tune ? Does having more no.of tx
descriptors help ?
With a burst size of 30 and having 512 tx descriptors , I get a speed of
around one hundred thousand packets per second (74 byte packets). What are
the ones that really affect the transmit rate ? I tried changing the burst
size, but the speed decreased as I increased the burst size to some 500
(with 1024 tx descriptors).

Thanks and regards....