[dpdk-dev] Debugging SR-IOV related packet flow problem with DPDK

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Tue Jun 16 22:52:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

That's third email in 8 hours for this question.
Do you plan to send an email every 4 hours?

It's really hard to help you without knowing which application you run?
in which VM? which VLAN configuration? etc

2015-06-16 20:22, Anjali Kulkarni:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please help with this? How can packet flow be traced on DPDK?
> Where are all the logs stored if we do enable the _DEBUG configs in
> config/ directory?

stdout or somewhere else if you configured logs in your app.

> Anjali
[...]
> I am observing that the SR-IOV enabled NIC does not increment any VF packet
> counters despite incoming packet flow. I have enabled some debug logs like
> CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_IXGBE_DEBUG_RX in config file.
> Can someone point me to where these logs are being printed so I can try to
> figure out where packets are being dropped? Or how can I debug DPDK packet
> flow related issues (are there any stats I can look at)?

Statistics can be requested through a dedicated ethdev API.