[dpdk-dev] Debugging SR-IOV related packet flow problem with DPDK

Anjali Kulkarni anjali at juniper.net
Tue Jun 16 23:08:41 CEST 2015

Thanks for your response.
I am running my own application, and it is actually running inside a
docker, not a VM.
No VLAN configuration. Just SR-IOV is enabled on 2 NICs, and both devices
(/dev/uio0 and /dev/uio1) are assigned to the docker.
This worked a while ago perfectly.
What I see is that an ixia connected to the 2 10G NICs is pumping traffic,
but the VF statistics are 0. It is as if the VF or NIC did not see the
packets.
The source dst MAC is set correctly to the VF¹s MAC. I don¹t see any
prints on stdout after enabling the _DEBUG logs in config.

Anjali