[dpdk-dev] mlx5 reta size is dynamic

Hanoch Haim (hhaim) hhaim at cisco.com
Thu Mar 22 10:02:19 CET 2018

Hi Nelio,
I think you didn't understand me. I suggest to keep the RETA table size constant (maximum 512 in your case) and don't change its base on the number of configured Rx-queue.

This will make the DPDK API consistent. As a user I need to do tricks (allocate an odd/prime number of rx-queues) to get the RETA size constant at 512

I'm not talking about changing the values in the RETA table which can be done while there is traffic.

Thanks,
Hanoh