[dpdk-dev] Getting issue while bringin Bond with VMXNET3 (DPDK 17.11)

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Tue Oct 9 09:59:04 CEST 2018

On 10/9/2018 5:35 AM, chetan bhasin wrote:
> Thanks for your reply .
>
> The issue coming in function "vmxnet3_dev_tx_queue_setup"
>
> below if condition is true because "tx_conf->txq_flags is coming as 0"
>
>     if ((tx_conf->txq_flags & ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_NOXSUMSCTP) !=
>         ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_NOXSUMSCTP) {
>         PMD_INIT_LOG(ERR, "SCTP checksum offload not supported");
>         return -EINVAL;
>     }

Hi Chetan,

In v17.11, all Tx offloads are enabled by default and can be disabled via
tx_conf->txq_flags.

Above code says PMD is not supporting SCTP checksum offload but you are
requesting it, by passing "txq_flags == 0", and PMD fails.

You need to pass at least "txq_flags = ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_NOXSUMSCTP" to be able to
use vmxnet3.

+cc vmxnet3 maintainer