[dpdk-dev] discussion: creating a new class for vdpa driversxiao.w.wang at intel.com

Andrew Rybchenko arybchenko at solarflare.com
Fri Dec 6 10:05:11 CET 2019

On 12/6/19 8:32 AM, Liang, Cunming wrote:

> [...]

vDPA drivers are vendor-specific and expected to talk to vendor
NIC. I.e. there are significant chances to share code with
network drivers (e.g. base driver). Should base driver be moved
to drivers/common in this case or is it still allows to have
vdpa driver in drivers/net together with ethdev driver?