[dpdk-dev] discussion: creating a new class for vdpa driversxiao.w.wang at intel.com

Maxime Coquelin maxime.coquelin at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 11:04:43 CET 2019

On 12/6/19 10:05 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
> On 12/6/19 8:32 AM, Liang, Cunming wrote:

That's a good point.

For example, for the Virtio vDPA driver, I placed it in th Virtio PMD
directory, so that we can re-use the Virtio-pci layer.
On the other hand, for the specific Virtio case, it may be preferable
to have a common directory. Doing that, the Virtio-pci layer could be
reused by Virtio PMD, Virtio vDPA, but also Virtio Crypto drivers.

I plan to submit again my Virtio vDPA next week as it didn't make it in
v19.11. I'll wait for an agreement on this topic before proceeding.

Thanks,
Maxime