[dpdk-dev] 18.08.1 patches review and test

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 18:36:47 CET 2019

On 06/03/2019 16:45, Walker, Benjamin wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 16:27 +0000, Kevin Traynor wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 18.08.1. Please
>> help review and test. The tentative date for the final release is 28,
>> February. Before that, please shout if anyone has objections with these
>> patches being applied.
>>
>> Also for the companies committed to running regression tests,
>> please run the tests and report any issue before the release date.
>>
>> A release candidate tarball can be found at:
>>
>>     https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v18.08.1-rc3
>>
>> These patches are located at branch 18.08 of dpdk-stable repo:
>>     https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Kevin Traynor
>
> What is the current targeted release date for 18.08.1? I ask because there are
> people looking to package SPDK 18.10, which depends on DPDK 18.08, but needs
> several of the fixes queued up here to function fully.

Hi Ben,

So far only one company has run regression tests and reported results on
the RC (pass). I am waiting to hear back from some others before
release. There is a maintainers call tomorrow where I will be asking
about status of validation, so may have a clearer idea after that.

Thanks for asking/sharing, it is good to know if there is a pull for a
release because sometimes it is not clear.

Kevin.