[dpdk-dev] 18.08.1 patches review and test

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 12:18:23 CET 2019

On 06/03/2019 17:36, Kevin Traynor wrote:
> On 06/03/2019 16:45, Walker, Benjamin wrote:
>> On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 16:27 +0000, Kevin Traynor wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 18.08.1. Please
>>> help review and test. The tentative date for the final release is 28,
>>> February. Before that, please shout if anyone has objections with these
>>> patches being applied.
>>>
>>> Also for the companies committed to running regression tests,
>>> please run the tests and report any issue before the release date.
>>>
>>> A release candidate tarball can be found at:
>>>
>>>     https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v18.08.1-rc3
>>>
>>> These patches are located at branch 18.08 of dpdk-stable repo:
>>>     https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Kevin Traynor
>>
>> What is the current targeted release date for 18.08.1? I ask because there are
>> people looking to package SPDK 18.10, which depends on DPDK 18.08, but needs
>> several of the fixes queued up here to function fully.
>>

> Hi Ben,
>
> So far only one company has run regression tests and reported results on
> the RC (pass). I am waiting to hear back from some others before
> release. There is a maintainers call tomorrow where I will be asking
> about status of validation, so may have a clearer idea after that.
>
> Thanks for asking/sharing, it is good to know if there is a pull for a
> release because sometimes it is not clear.

I wasn't able to get further commitments this morning to validate
18.08.1. Some companies have indicated they won't be using 18.08.1 and
so aren't able to get resources for validation.

Would you be able to validate the rc for SPDK use cases?

Also, call to anyone else who would intend to use 18.08.1, to let me
know of any plans to validate the rc.

thanks,
Kevin.