[dpdk-dev] DPDK Windows Community call - 02 May 2019

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Tue May 14 17:48:28 CEST 2019

10/05/2019 01:34, Ranjit Menon:
> Contact Cathal to be added to this meeting invite.

Would it be possible to move this bi-weekly meeting
to the Tuesday (same time), please?

[...]
> Encourage other dpdk.org Windows partners to join this call.

Yes, would be nice to hear more developers joining the party.

[...]
> - Also need to bring Windows into community lab for unit testing
>    - use Bugzilla to log request to lab to increase scope for Windows

Any update about requesting Windows in the community lab CI?

> - Draft repo needs a new branch to host latest Windows development
>    - currently WIP

Please, which up-to-date branch we can work on?

> - What about rte_panic() removal from Windows EAL?
>    - Deprecation notice to be sent for 19.05 in case of change to API/ABI
>    - Windows will update based on common API change.

I sent the deprecation notice. Most of the changes can be done
without any API breakage.

What is the status of the PCI code in drivers/bus/pci?
Is someone working on it with clang and meson?
Mellanox would like to join the effort on PCI.