[dpdk-dev] Generating Debug information in Windows using Clang (PDB files)

Adham Masarwah adham at mellanox.com
Mon May 20 12:27:15 CEST 2019

Hi,

In development we use WinDbg for debugging, so we need to create PDB files when compiling the DPDK, so we used ``-g`` in the CFLGAS and the PDB files are being created.
But when running the helloworld with WinDbg, we can see only function names, we can't see code neither variables, we get the following error: "Private symbols (symbols.pri) are required for locals."
We tried to append some flags like -Z7 and -gcodeview, but the compiler ignores them.

Do you have any idea what we miss here ? What is the debug mechanism is being used in Windows ?

Thanks