[dpdk-dev] Admin Queue ENA

Michał Krawczyk mk at semihalf.com
Thu Nov 28 14:14:47 CET 2019

Hi Param,

first of all - you are using very old ena_com. This code comes from
the DPDK version before v18.08. If you have any doubts, please check
the newer version of the driver and DPDK as the potential bug could be
already fixed there.

Anyway, if you will look at the function get_comp_ctxt() which is
called by __ena_com_submit_admin_cmd() to get the completion context,
there is a check for the context if it's not occupied - in case it is
(which will be true until comp_ctxt_release() will clear it), the new
command using the same context cannot be used. So there shouldn't be
two consumers using the same completion contexts.

In addition, drivers that are using ena_com are sending admin commands
one at a time during the init, so there shouldn't be even 2 commands
at a time. The only exception is ena_com_get_dev_basic_stats(), which
is called from rte_eth_stats_get() context - but if you consider DPDK
application, it should use it on the management lcore after init, so
it'll also be serialized.

Thanks,
Michal

pt., 8 lis 2019 o 07:02 kumaraparameshwaran rathinavel