[dpdk-dev] questions about Windows basic memory management patch

Fady Bader fady at mellanox.com
Mon Apr 6 13:44:29 CEST 2020

Hi,
I have a few questions regarding your memory management patch.
In the "eal/windows: fix rte_page_sizes with Clang on Windows" (http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/67390/) patch I didn't understand the work around that you did and what the problem was.
Regarding rte_mp functions I see you implemented a stub, i.e. empty functions. I don't know why it is needed.
Just to make sure, does the rte_mem_map function that you implemented replaces Linux's mmap function ?
Lastly, in the patch you implemented functions that were common for Linux and FreeBSD and in order to use them in Windows (e.g. eal_file_truncate that replaced ftruncate) and you got a duplicate code for Linux and FreeBSD, how can we solve this duplication ?

Thanks,
Fady