[dpdk-dev] Windows Draft Build

Ranjit Menon ranjit.menon at intel.com
Mon Feb 10 06:03:34 CET 2020

On 2/8/2020 12:45 AM, Dmitry Kozlyuk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble building "dpdk.sln" from "windpdk-v18.08-clang" branch of
> "dpdk-draft-windows" repository using Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition.
> All projects are set up to use some "llvm" toolset. If I install LLVM Build
> Tools and switch toolset to Clang-cl, build fails because Platform SDK is not
> accessible. I tried to add Platform SDK include paths to Additional Include
> Directories, but ended up with multiple errors, indicating incompatibilities
> between Windows headers and Clang. Please find screenshots and logs attached.
>
> "Netuio.sln" builds OK.

Dmitry...
Did you install the LLVM toolchain for VStudio:
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=LLVMExtensions.llvm-toolchain

You will need to ensure VS is closed before installing it.
It says it supports VS2017, but it will also work with VS2019, if VS2017 is already installed.

ranjit m.