[dpdk-moving] [Topics]

O'Driscoll, Tim tim.odriscoll at intel.com
Tue Oct 25 13:27:57 CEST 2016

That's a good list. I was thinking the same thing and had similar items in mind. If you can start some discussion on the legal issues, that would be great.

One thing I think we need to consider is what the benefits of membership would be. We didn't really cover this in our discussions earlier in the year. We're all agreed that technical contributions and decisions should be independent of membership, but it seems reasonable that companies who contribute should get something in return for their contribution to the project. Possibilities might include: board seats, having a say in how the project budget is spent, the ability to host equipment in a DPDK CI/test lab etc. This spans the "governance: board" and "membership" items above. I can look into this a bit further and post some further thoughts on this.

We also have a gap in terms of documenting technical governance. Even ignoring the move to LF, Matt in particular was looking for more clarity on this. Thomas: would you be willing to create and post a proposal on this?

Tim