[dpdk-moving] description of technical governance

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Tue Oct 25 16:00:12 CEST 2016

2016-10-25 11:27, O'Driscoll, Tim:
> We also have a gap in terms of documenting technical governance.
> Even ignoring the move to LF, Matt in particular was looking for
> more clarity on this.
> Thomas: would you be willing to create and post a proposal on this?

The technical governance is consensus-based.
The board was built in case a consensus is not found.

There are several projects with their own git trees.
DPDK and the web site are two of them.

The DPDK project is organized around some git subtrees
and the mainline gathers every contributions accepted in the subtrees.
The component maintainers are quality responsibles for the code and
the git history. They coordinate how improvements and fixes are done.
The git tree committers are responsibles of the pace, giving time for
reviews and tests while releasing in time. They also do the last checks
or call for help when there is no progress on a patch.

Is it the kind of information you are looking for?
I think the technical governance must be described on the web site
in the "development" page.
It is already partly described but it may requires more details and updates.