[dpdk-users] x710 (i40e) hash set up questions

A-three Mpt a3mpt at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 23:34:47 CET 2019

Hi,
I am having trouble to understand x710 hash setup. Is my following understanding right?

   - Q1: We select a generic flow type and it will be convert to NIC-dependent pctype, right?
   -
Q2: What is the hash_inset? e.g., in the document: For example, to use only 48bit prefix for IPv6 src address for IPv6 TCP RSS:
   testpmd> port config 0 pctype 43 hash_inset clear all
testpmd> port config 0 pctype 43 hash_inset set field 13
testpmd> port config 0 pctype 43 hash_inset set field 14
testpmd> port config 0 pctype 43 hash_inset set field 15

I found pctype 43 is NonFIPV6, TCP from the data sheet, but how are the field 13, 14, 15 related to the 48 bit prefix of src address?

   - Q3: There are generic functions like rte_eth_dev_filter_ctrl() and i40e-specific ones like rte_pmd_i40e_inset_set. Do I need both of them to work? Any relations between them?
   - Q4: If I want to hash based on the new pctype added (22 to 25 for GTPU and GTPC), how can I do that?
   - If I config 4 queues on a port, how can I set up the RSS to distribute pctype 22 and 23 to these 4 queues?
Thanks very much,Athree